Timothy W. Waldeck
Timothy W. Waldeck (1947 - 2017) was a founding partner of Waldeck & Woodrow P.A. He was a 1970 graduate of Bradley University and a J.D. graduate of Drake University in 1972. He was a member of the Hennepin County and Minnesota State Bar Associations; the Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association; the State Bar of Wisconsin; the Twin Cities Claims Association; CLM International Products Liability Committee; NRRDA, and is the Past Chairman of Eagle International Associates, Inc. (2013-2015). Mr. Waldeck has practiced exclusively in insurance defense throughout most of his career providing defense to both surplus lines and standard line carriers with primary emphasis in defense of products liability, professional liability, and church claims. He has been involved in the trials of hundreds of lawsuits and has over 50 appellate court decisions from the State of Minnesota, State of Wisconsin, and the 8th Federal Circuit.
Mr. Waldeck has been a presenter for continuing education for adjusters and continuing legal education for lawyers throughout the years, including the following topics:
- Dram Shop Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Claims Handling and Communications of International Product Manufacturers
- Bad Faith Litigation in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Construction Coverage Issues; Evaluating and Negotiating of Claims
- A Nationwide Review of 2012 Claims Issues (Minor Settlements)
- Unfair Claims Practices Act
- The Long and Ubiquitous Arm of Liability and Current UIM/UM Issues
- Employers Coverage B Exposure in Third-Party Claims
- Discovery in Liquor Liability Cases
In addition, he was a contributing author for Engineering Testimony published by Biomedical Engineering through the University of Iowa and has served as a Judge in a mock trial to demonstrate trial techniques.